Individual therapy for Mums
I can help you overcome whatever is holding you back from being the woman and/or Mum you want to be.
I can help you start living the life you want to live.
It's a courageous choice to begin talking therapy, and there are many reasons why people seek it out.
I am experienced in, and have a special interest in, working with clients to overcome the following challenges:
- Depression and Low mood
- Shame and/or frequent feelings of Guilt
- Challenges regarding your sense of Self-worth
- Challenges related to Self esteem and Confidence
- A loud inner-critic voice
- Loss of drive or vision for the future
- A sense of Disconnection from your life
- A sense of Disappointment with where you are in your life
- Grief and Bereavement
- Emotional trauma
- Childhood emotional trauma, or unresolved emotions from your past
- Relationship difficulties, such as difficulties in trusting or setting personal boundaries
- Attachment difficulties, and how these relate to our upbringing
- Physical health difficulties, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, or Obesity, etc.
- Challenges associated with fertility
- Pregnancy Loss
- Birth Trauma
- Postnatal depression, anxiety or overwhelm
- Adapting to a new 'parent' identity & navigating your matrescence
- Changing lifestyle habits (e.g. stopping smoking, losing weight, etc.)
- Adapting to the changes that menopause brings
I welcome queries from individuals who identify as a woman, from all backgrounds and cultures.
The therapy I offer will be developed collaboratively, with you actively contributing to this process as well as me. I will base my input to this collaborative process on an integration of many evidence-based psychological therapies and techniques (for more information about my skills, experience and therapeutic techniques, please click the link below).
Please note: I am unable to offer support to families who are currently experiencing any risk of self-harm, or abuse, or violence from others, either verbally or physically. My therapy services are contraindicated where there is current risk of self-harm or abuse - Currently living in safety is a pre-requisite for undergoing safe and effective therapy with me.
If this applies to you please speak to the Police and your GP about options for you to become safe, and/or phone the National Domestic Abuse Hotline (freephone) on 0808 2000 247.