How I work
I draw on many evidence-based therapies and techniques:
- Brené Brown's The Daring Way™, a shame-resilience model
- Systemic Therapy
- Humanistic Therapy
- Neuroscience & Psychoneuroendocrinology
- Emotionally-Focussed Therapy
- Compassion and Self-Compassion techniques
- Mindfulness techniques
- Conscious Parenting, Connected Parenting, Choice Parenting & Wholehearted Parenting
- Unresolved Emotional Trauma Focussed approaches
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Cognitive & Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
When I meet you, I will integrate my knowledge of all of these models and techniques, to create a unique holistic psychology service, that makes sense for you.
My area of specific expertise is in working with my clients to build our emotional resilience, and in particular our shame-resilience:
I will focus on getting to the root cause of your difficulties,
rather than just 'treating' the surface level 'symptoms' you are experiencing.
I prioritise the demystifying of psychological concepts
& empowering you with knowledge
I offer a UNIQUE approach, with more hope, and more potentiaL, compared with traditional psychological therapy approaches.
I can educate and inform you:
Learning how your relationships have shaped your emotional expression,
will UNLOCK your sense of agency in your life,
and will return to you a sense of EMPOWERMENT -
To enable you to OVERCOME YOUR SUFFERING
And LIVE THE LIFE that YOU ARE MEANT TO LIVE
Finally, I can also help you understand the connections between your
physical health and your mental health.
Click below for information about the various formats of support I offer: