Child Psychology Services
I can help you, to help your child, overcome whatever is holding them back.
I can help you, to help your child, start living their life to the full.
I can support you to prevent your child experiencing mental health conditions later in their life.
It's a courageous choice for parents to seek the advice of a psychologist in relation to their child, and there are many reasons why parents seek this out.
I am experienced in, and have a special interest in, working with parents to support children overcome the following challenges:
- Depression and Low mood
- Shame and/or frequent feelings of Guilt
- Challenges regarding their sense of self-worth
- Challenges related to their Self esteem and Confidence
- Disruptive behaviour
- Behavioural management in the context of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Behavioural management in the context of Autistic Spectrum Condition or Aspergers
- School refusal
- Sibling rivalry
- Fussy eating
- Their experience of Grief and Bereavement
- Emotional trauma
- Relationship difficulties, with peers, siblings or parents
- Attachment difficulties
- Physical health difficulties, such as Asthma, Reported pain, or Obesity, etc.
I welcome queries from parents from all backgrounds and social groups: That is, I welcome queries from parents of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and from any cultural or religious background. I also welcome queries from Mums, Dads, Step-parents, Foster Carers, Adoptive Parents, etc. - Anyone in any personal, caring role for a child.
The therapy I offer will be developed collaboratively, with you actively contributing to this process as well as me. I will base my input to this collaborative process on an integration of many evidence-based psychological therapies and techniques (for more information about my skills, experience and therapeutic techniques, please click the link below).
Please note: I am unable to offer support to families who are currently experiencing any abuse, or violence, either verbally or physically. My therapy services are contraindicated where there is current risk of abuse - Currently living in safety is a pre-requisite for undergoing safe and effective therapy with me. If this applies to you please speak to the Police, your GP and local Child Social Care services about options for you and your children to become safe, and/or telephone (freephone) the National Domestic Abuse Hotline on 0808 2000 247.